This is an advanced course in computer communication networks. The goal of the course is to provide a basic knowledge of the field of network management, understand the challenges of efficient network management, and the modern techniques On completion of the course, students will be able to: Understand the fundamentals of next generation computer networks; Design solutions for ad-hoc, mobile and pervasive computing ; Understand the principles of operation of network security monitoring; Understand the issues involved in deployment of Wireless LAN and 3G systems. The course will not use a single textbook but rather a set of research papers, and it will be a combination of lecture and discussion.
Lectures an Labs
1. Reviews of packet switching
2. Issues in TCP/IP. TCP/IP fundamentals review.
3. Bluetooth, 802.11, UMTS, 3G, GPRS and Edge Services
4. Access technologies: last mile, xDSL
5. Multimedia over a Network. Streaming over Internet
6. IP network performance issues
7. Advanced IPv6 features, including transition
8. Models to support (WLAN) network roaming
9. Peer-to-Peer network architectures
10. Dynamic host configuration methods
11. Network security principles. Characteristics of the attacker.
12. Intrusion detection with Snort. Intrusion prevention.
13. Wireless Sensor Networks, Wireless Home Networks.
14. How to Write Papers and Give Talks
Students will be assigned a presentation subject. If you have a paper of particular interest for the project, please discuss it with the professor. Please choose a subject till March 23th 2018.
Cryptography & Network security - Anisiea Geanina
Wireless Intelligent Networking - Tomescu Catalin
Data Security in Local Network using Distributed Firewalls - DUŢAN V. MARIA-GEORGIANA
Network Design- Implementing Redundancy - LUCA L.-A. LEONARD-IULIUS, ŢOŢONEA V. CRISTIAN ADRIAN
Switch Selection: Choosing a right product - Nutu Andrei
Efficient Peer-to-Peer Keyword Searching - CATRINA O. MARIUS-ALEXANDRU
Network Design Wireless Best Practices and Applications - LUPU C. EMANUEL-CONSTANTIN
Efficiency over Broadband Wireless Systems - Floare Andreea-Cristina
Wireless wide-area networks - Stanciu Sergiu
Network Distance Prediction - Dumitrescu Octavian
Bit Torrent: Architecture and Protocol - MARDALE A. ALEXANDRU
Optical Transport Protocols - Stefan Dragos
Wireless Sensor Networks - Cojocaru Roxana
Wireless Security - Chirita Andrei Marius
Hash Functions, Message Authentication Code and Key Distribution - MOSOR D. DĂNUŢ-DUMITRU
SPAM and countermeasures - Lungu Claudiu, TODESCU M. MIRCEA-LUCIAN
Internet of Things - Iamandi Diana
Traffic Engineering - PĂTRUŢA F. FLORIN-ALEXANDRU
Software Defined Networks - PĂUNESCU N. FLAVIUS-SERGIU